As a young university aspiring to become a leading centre of academic excellence, we will:
- create, spread, apply, advance, and preserve knowledge,
- recruit, teach, train, and develop students to become leaders in their fields of study and inspire future generations,
- recruit and retain outstanding staff who will strive for the personal and professional developments of their students,
- strive to become a prominent teaching and research university,
- provide conducive and high quality teaching/learning environment that contributes to the wellbeing and development of our students and staff,
- build a culture of life-long learning, continuing education, and service to the community,
- make a significant and sustainable contribution to the economic, social, and cultural development of Somaliland, the African and Middle East regions, and the rest of the world.